Friday, September 18, 2009

DENTAL CARE MONTH -STRENGTHENING ROOTS IN INDIA

As said-"Oral cavity is the mirror of the human body", it is very important to maintain good oral hygiene in order to acquire a healthy and balanced life. Earlier medicine was not focused on the oral cavity, but due to asthetics and its relevance with the nutrition, smoking,systemic diseases dental care is gaining global attention with the emergence of dental camps, primary health centres, free dental treatment in rural as well as urban areas in India.
Rural India is indulged in various ways of smoking eg- bidis, chutta, hukka, snuff and pan and betel nut chewing etc. with compromised nutrition and sub-standard living conditions leading to the development of precancerous and cancerous lesions which are life threatening conditions. Due to lack of knowledge, money and careless attitude towards dental care villagers are suffering from oral lesions like periodontitis, leukoplakia, smokers melanosis, erythroplakia, OSMF , carcinomas etc.
Through these Dental Camps and the accomplishment of National Dental Care Month , dentists are creating awareness about the hazardous effects of the usage of such products and the importance of dental check up. Government of India, in alliance with different companies like colgate and many private institutions are conducting and providing facilities like free dental check up ,biopsies , medications and further refferal to the dental hospital for subsequent follow up.
Urban India mainly faces the problems related to dental caries, malocclusion , teething disorders,developmental anamolies and certain lesions like lichenoid reaction, recurrent apthous ulcers, gingivitis etc. Dentists are providing significant information about maintainence of proper oral hygiene by explaining accurate brushing techniques, frequency of brushing, nutrition, asthetic considerations, free of cost and giving a proper diagnosis thus satisfying the patient in everyway through these camps.
Oral health is also related to systemic diseases like diabetes , asthma, aspiration pneumonia, tuberculosis, hypothyroidism etc in various ways. Here are some complications related to diabetes mellitus as a review to show the relation between oral heath and other systems:
for eg. If a person is suffering from unknown diabetes mellitus of age less than 35 years and no habits, he will dipect these specific features in the oral cavity giving the dentist a clear indication to suspect for diabetes mellitus and refer the patient for investigations. And the level of diabetes decrease if oral hygiene is maintained. This is known as indirect approach.
Oral manifestations of Diabetes Mellitus:
  • Chronic generalized periodontitis
  • Xerostomia
  • Burning mouth syndrome
  • Candidiasis
  • Delayed and abnormal wound healing
  • Increased affinity to infection(caries)
  • Diminished salivary flow and salivary gland enlargement
  • Difficulty in swallowing
  • Acute nectrotising ulcerative gingivitis
  • Gingival inflammatory hypertrophy
  • Multiple periodontal abscesses
  • Dry atrophic cracked oral mucosa, angular chellitis
  • Mucositis, ulcers
  • Desquamative gingivitis.
Therefore, history taking and clinical examination play a major role in the diagnosis of a particular oral and systemic disease along with their co-relations.
To conclude, with the collaboration of governmental policies and indian dentists, India is progressing in creating awareness and delivering service to humanity.

4 comments:

  1. It took almost one year for my first real outbreak but it was the hardest thing in the world to get along with. I felt so unwanted and dirty. I tried many formulas, suggestions, methods to get rid of it permanently. Booked appointment with many doctors, professionals, even religiously until I started getting away spiritually and still it won't go. The worst is my outbreaks occurs within short period and take as long as even weeks to go away. I was at last placed on antiviral treatment which is a good treatment but for how long? I prayed every four times a day for God to cure me miraculously or direct me to cure because I know there is. During outbreaks I thought it's the end of the world but it's not, with time I will become normal again. I started trying fruits and herbs, take herbal produced, and with time became very interested in herbs. I read blogs, websites, and comments on herbs and built a stronger hope. I saw comments and decided to try Dr Utu African Traditional Herbal meds. I know of one mr Brown who was HIV and now brags he was cured of HIV with Dr Utu traditional meds but never give it a thought because I believed HIV already has a cure and never think it through or make a research. And for herpes my doctor told me that there is no known cure. When I saw testimonies of his Herpes cure on sites. I copied his contact drutuherbalcure@gmail.com. I showed it to brown who confirmed it was Dr Utu contact. I contacted him immediately and he also prepared and sent me herbal herpes meds through DHL. Right after getting this traditional meds I followed the prescription cautiously and withing days I started noticing rapid change and I know within me it's the cure. I used it for up to two weeks and when my test result was out not only did this herbal meds cure me but boost my immune and I feel real and free. Dr Utu African Traditional meds have successfully cured Herpes, Warts, HIV, Cancers, Kidney Stone, Asthma, most importantly this traditional meds boost immune and have no after effect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Herpes Finally Gone, thanks to Dr. Utu for his Herbal Treatment.
    I had a sudden onset of cold sores and a new one was appearing each day. I was on primary immunosuppressant I noticed my body just can't fight the virus on its own. After five days of treatment and no success I suspected herpes I went for test and it was confirmed. God was my strength I met a doctor for treatment. He gave me Dr Utu's contact. I contacted him immediately, This medication was far amazing that within 24-48 hrs the blisters were crusting over. The swelling and redness was decreasing as well. I was on four weeks herpes medication which I completed before going for test. I went for herpes test and then again back to my doctor who confirmed me herpes negative it was really like a dream. What a relief! Feel Free to contact Dr Utu Email:- drutuherbalcure@gmail.com OR WhatsApp :- +2347032718477

    ReplyDelete
  3. Struggling to solve life problems. Contact Chief Uzo of Igbondu
    I've been abundantly blessed through Chief Uzo I do all kinds of reading and spells....
    100% harmless love spells, ex back, make your spouse stop cheating, win a divorce case easily, win a court case, win lottery and prophecy, cast out unwanted spirits, money spells, protection spells, good luck spells, business, break a curse, good job spells, pregnancy spells, spiritual healing of ailments/diseases. Chief Uzo also help get the following diseases cured: hiv/aids, arthritis, fibromyalgia, osteoarthritis, asthma, herpes, borreliosis(Lyme diseases), als abdominal infection, diabetes, epilepsy, lupus e.t.c....
    Clean yourself spiritually and watch life go easy with you.
    Spiritual cleansing comes with, deeper connection, blessings, gratitude, love, peace and light to you.
    Contact Chief Uzo on "uzoigbonduspiritualhome@gmail.com" on your decision.
    CONGRATS

    ReplyDelete