Bull’s eye appearance: Unique variation of dilacerations, seen when the roots of mainly posterior teeth hides itself behind the crown giving it a floating appearance .It occurs as a result of 90 degree deviation of the roots.
Tuesday, November 10, 2009
Analgesics are drugs that selectively relieve pain by acting in CNS or on peripheral pain mechanisms without significantly altering consciousness.
Analgesics are mainly divided into 2 groups:
- Opioid Analgesics
- Non Opiod Analgesics and NSAIDS
- Natural Opium alkaloids
-Morphine & Codeine
- Semi synthetic opiates
- Synthetic opioids
NON OPIOID ANALGESICS ; NSAIDS
- Salicylates – Aspirin, Salicylamide, Benorylate, Diffunisal.
- Pyrazolone derivatives – Phenyl butazone, Indomethacine, Oxyphenyl-butazone.
- Propionic acid derivatives – Ibuprofen, Naproxen, Ketoprofen, Fenoprofen, Flurbiprofen, Oxaprozin.
- Indole derivatives – Indomethacin, Sulindac.
- Anthranilic acid derivative – Mephanimic acid, Enfenamic acid, Flufenamic acid.
- Aryl acetic acid derivative – Diclofenac, Tolmetin, Phenyl acetic acid derivative.
- Oxicam derivative – Piroxicam, Tenoxicam.
Agonists - Morphine and compounds
Partial agonists -Buprenorphine